Bhang Pakora is one of the popular festive delicacies that you get to witness during Holi. The festival of Holi celebration is incomplete without this specialty dish. Pair this snack recipe with thandai and enjoy the yummy taste.
Total time:30m Perp Time:15m Calories:225 Servings:3
- 1 teaspoon bhang seed powder
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cauliflower
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chopped potato
- 1 chopped eggplant/ brinjal
- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 tablespoon Refined oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 handful finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Water
How to make Bhang Pakora
Finely chop the bhang leaves and crush them well (you can also use bhang seed powder, if leaves are not available). Add all the ingredients except oil into a large bowl.
Add the crushed bhang leaves and mix well, adding enough water to form a thick batter. Heat oil in a thick-bottomed frying pan over medium flame.
Drop small portions of the batter and deep fry until golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil.
Serve hot with chutney of choice.